national dance teachers association of America - NDTA
Professional Members are professional dance teachers in the fields of International Standard Ballroom, International Latin, American Smooth, American Rhythm, country western, swing, theater arts and other similar types of partner or social dances.
Professional Members are entitled to all of the Benefits of Membership summarized above, including participation in the official Examination and Professional Certification process, whereby Professional Members can apply for and take the required examinations to earn Degrees and Professional Certifications at different levels of proficiency, including Student Teacher, Associate, Masters, or Fellow, in Ballroom, Latin, Smooth, and/or Rhythm Dances, as well as Teacher Certifications for Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels of all four styles of dance.
The National Dance Teachers Association of America (NDTA) is a member and approved Certifying Organization of the National Dance Council of America, the official governing council of dance and dancesport in the USA. As such, we offer the qualification examinations to earn Professional Certification in the different levels and styles of dance, as referenced above.
Professional Members can also arrange to have their students participate in our Medal Testing Program, whereby your students can take traditional Medal Tests to earn Medals of achievement at different levels of dance, including Intermediate Bronze, Full Bronze, Intermediate Silver, Full Silver, Intermediate Gold, Full Gold, and Gold Star. Students receive both scores and verbal or written critiques, to further their dance education.
To qualify as a Professional Member of NDTA, one must:
- Be a dance teacher, actively engaged, on a full-time or part-time basis, in offering dance instruction to students for pay, in one or more of the areas of dance referenced above;
- Apply for Professional Membership in NDTA by completing the Professional Membership Application Form found on our website, including all items marked as required, and submitting with the Application all of the additional documentation required from candidates for Professional Membership;
- Pay the applicable Membership Dues, which can be done easily online at the bottom of your Membership Application, via Credit Card or PayPal;
- Pass the required Professional Membership Entrance Examination (which can be printed out, completed and submitted as part of your online Application for Professional Membership); and
- Be Accepted into Professional Membership by the NDTA Membership Department and Board.
Professional Members should be able to dedicate enough time to participate and make a difference in the organization.
See our Directory of Professional Members.
ANNUAL DUES – YEAR AROUND
For Individual Members – $50.00 per Year
Dues for Individual Members (in either category – Professional or Supporter Membership) are $40.00 per year.
For a Couple – $75.00 per Year
Dues for a Couple (meaning dance partners or a married couple or couple in a committed long-term relationship) are $60.00 per Couple per year, in either of the Professional or Supporter Membership categories.